Report on bcma with 14e4:4353 (BCM43224)

Larry Finger Larry.Finger at lwfinger.net
Sat Jul 30 11:19:05 EDT 2011

Rafał,

I'm using a recent pull from wireless-testing - 'git describe' results in
master-2011-07-26-150-g4ea94a9.

The driver is working well with reasonable performance. Using tcpperf, I get
8-10 Mb/s upload on an 802.11g connection. The connection has been up for 17
hours with no disconnects.

A minor annoyance is that the driver does not autoload on boot and had to be
manually modprobed. AFAIK, I don't have any blacklisting or other configuration
parameters that would cause this. Furthermore, I don't see anything in the
driver code that would cause this. Does autoload work on your system?

A more serious problem is that the driver does not work on my 802.11n AP that is
set for "up to 270 Mbps at 2.4 GHz". It will authenticate and associate, but the
throughput is minimal. It also gets the "PHY transmission error" messages. None
occur with 802.11g. I would guess some kind of error in the HT40 settings.

Thanks for your hard work on this device.

Larry