bcm4322 success (WPA2)!

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 08:41:42 EST 2011

Please, include b43-dev in to/cc.

W dniu 20 lutego 2011 14:31 użytkownik Christoph Thielecke
<christoph.thielecke at gmx.de> napisał:
>> Thanks for your report! Do you need that all options at all?
> I think so. I'll try to remove some and tell which is needed for working. Here
> the results:
>
>> I think
>> hwtkip=0 is default one.
> Yes, works without that.
>
>> Parameter qos should not matter.
> qos=0 is nessary, qos=1 or without doesnt work.

What does happen when it doesn't work? Do you get scan results? Can
you associate? Get IP? Transmit?

>> AFAIK pio is
>> needed for some BCM4321s only.
> pio=1 is needed, pio=0 or without doesnt work.
>
>> I didn't check what bad_frames_preempt
>> does.
> bad_frames_preempt=1 is needed, bad_frames_preempt=0 or without doesnt work.
>
> So the needed options are:
> nohwcrypt=1 qos=0 pio=1 bad_frames_preempt=1

What does happen when it doesn't work? Do you get scan results? Can
you associate? Get IP? Transmit?

One request: please blacklist b43, do cold boot (turn off machine for
few seconds), then boot and load b43 with:
pio=1

I ask you for that, because it's possible that using DMA locks up your
card. In such a case further tests can give you false results.
Do you have scan results when using pio=1 after cold boot? Can you associate?

--
Rafał