Table of PCIs, chipsets, etc. on b43 wiki page

Larry Finger Larry.Finger at lwfinger.net
Fri Feb 4 14:37:57 EST 2011

On 02/04/2011 12:56 PM, Rafał Miłecki wrote:
> I'd like to propose little (nothing big) reogranisation of b43 hardware table:
> http://wireless.kernel.org/Zajec?action=recall&rev=4
>
> Changed columns support/supported and driver/alternatives.
>
> Are you fine with that? Can we use colored one?

I like the colored one.

Some small changes:

I would eliminate the second 14e4:4312 line and move the wl entry to the first
one. I don't know if wl supports 5 GHz on that chip. I don't have mine any longer.

On the 4315, make it "(PIO mode for some systems)". I have two of them and both
work fine with DMA mode in b43.

The entry for 14e4:4324 is out of numerical order.

To champion the open-source cause, I would put brcm80211 ahead of wl whenever
both drive a particular chip.

Larry