Performance of BCM43224 (14e4:4353)

Larry Finger Larry.Finger at lwfinger.net
Fri Dec 9 12:57:54 EST 2011

On 12/09/2011 11:32 AM, Arend van Spriel wrote:

> With the submitted patches brcmsmac claims any revision of 802.11 cores.
> Not sure what b43 claims. I have a patch internally to claim only
> revisions 23 and 24, which are used in bcm43224, bcm43225, and bcm4313.

The problem is that ai_doattach() is returning NULL. I added pr_err() statements
to each of the places that this could happen and found that the error in in this
fragment:

         /* scan for cores */
         if (socitype == SOCI_AI) {
                 SI_MSG("Found chip type AI (0x%08x)\n", w);
                 /* pass chipc address instead of original core base */
                 ai_scan(&sii->pub, pbus);
         } else {
                 /* Found chip of unknown type */
                 pr_err("Found chip of type %d\n", socitype);
                 return NULL;
         }

This one logs "brcmsmac: Found chip of type 4". As SOC_AI is the only SOCI_XX
that is defined, I am not sure that I will be able to get further.

Larry