b43-mmio

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 06:19:58 EST 2011

I'd like to share my MMIO tools for translating dumps into
human-readable and comparable code.

How does it work?

1) mmio-tools contain some scripts for translating MMIO dump into more
friendly format
2) ssb contains simple script for describing ssb operations
3) b43 contains script for detecting PHY/radio operations
4) scripts in root directory find PHY specific routines

** How to use **

1) Grab dump

2) Apply all basic converting filters with "conver.sh" helper:
./convert.sh BCM43224-dump.txt
This generates new file with .b43 extension append. It contains ops like:
 phy_read(0x0078) -> 0x0f7c
phy_write(0x0078) <- 0x0f7c
radio_write(0x0053) <- 0x00f7

3) Apply PHY specific script like:
./phy.n.rev.0123456.sh BCM43224-dump.txt.b43
This modified .b43 file adding some descriptions in it. For example:
phy_write(0x01d3) <- 0x0443

>>> b43_nphy_classifier start
 phy_read(0x00b0) -> 0x0df7
 phy_read(0x00b0) -> 0x0df7