bcma usage in isr context

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 06:30:24 EST 2011

Hi,

Sorry for late reply, I was a little busy recently...

W dniu 1 grudnia 2011 14:09 użytkownik Arend van Spriel
<arend at broadcom.com> napisał:
> I am doing some final testing on our brcmsmac driver, which I tinkered
> to become a bcma device driver. During testing an issue popped up in the
> ISR code.

Do you mean interrupts code?

> Looking into the bcma read/write functions in host_pci.c I conclude that
> bcma itself does not provide protection for concurrency. Am I correct in
> that? How is this solved in b43?

I think I mean the fact that core driver can switch BCMA to
ChipCommon, while interrupt handler will try to access 80211 core?

You're right, we don't handle this properly. I'll try to send patch
today to make use of fixed windows. I've it here for some time
already, just didn't clean it enough.

--
Rafał