Broadcom 4303 HP Pavilion zv5000

Larry Finger Larry.Finger at lwfinger.net
Thu Dec 1 11:07:38 EST 2011

On 12/01/2011 05:51 AM, Jesús Vidal Panalés wrote:
>> i can't find any new driver for my laptop. I've tried with this one
>> http://www.x-drivers.com/catalog/drivers/wireless_networks/companies/broadcom/models/bcm94301/17599.html
>> but on ndisgtk says that hardware is not present, so i think that this driver
>> is not good for my laptop.
>
> Any new suggestion about what can i do or test? Thanks.

That driver link above was horrible. I had to download the awful media manager
software just to get to actual driver package downloaded.

Once I got that stuff, the .inf file contains lines with PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4303,
but not PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4301, which is what your device needs. At least I think
the output of 'lspci -n' should have a line with "14e4:4301".

One thing you could try is to edit the inf file and change "DEV_4303" to
"DEV_4301". It might work.

Larry