BCM4321 support

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 17:11:26 EDT 2011

W dniu 24 sierpnia 2011 20:32 użytkownik Octavian Voicu
<octavian.voicu at gmail.com> napisał:
> 2011/8/24 Rafał Miłecki <zajec5 at gmail.com>:
>> 2011/8/24 Octavian Voicu <octavian.voicu at gmail.com>:
>>> I also see some invalid misc packets. Any concerns about that?
>>
>> I didn't hear about that, what exactly is that?
>
> It's from the iwconfig output:
>
> wlan0     IEEE 802.11bg  ESSID:"swn"
>          Rx invalid nwid:0  Rx invalid crypt:0  Rx invalid frag:0
>          Tx excessive retries:0  Invalid misc:53   Missed beacon:0
>
> iwconfig man page says:
>       Invalid misc
>              Other packets lost in relation with specific wireless operations.

Thanks, I'll add this to my (long) TODO list. You can take a look at
this if you have some free time, it'll be welcome.

> Where is the latest wireless tree? Is it just Linus' vanilla linux.git
> tree, or do you have a b43 dev tree?

I send my patches to the John and linux-wireless ML.
For the most of the time wireless-testing was the tree getting all the
recent patches. Since about a month it seems John started taking
patches into wireless-next (unless it's urgent fix for "just"
wireless). After some time it seems John is merging wireless-next into
wireless-testing.
We are considering creating git tree for b43 development.

> About sending patches, when I'll have something meaningful, do I send
> it to LKML, or here for review?

I prefer to use both: b43-dev and linux-wireless. Using just LKML is
not enough, I think noone will take patches from that.

I don't have anything against sending patches also directly to John,
he always nicely gives ppl few days for reviewing (and NACKing ;) ).
But if you really prefer, you can just send patches to b43-dev and
wait until someone (me?) take them and repost to John.

--
Rafał