~3.1-rc1 mac80211 regression? NULL pointer dereference, memcpy, nla_put

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 12:14:32 EDT 2011

I've problem with my BCM43224 and BCM43225 cards. They stopped to work
around 3.1-rc1 and I suspect it's mac80211 regression.

When I load driver and take interface up, everything works OK.
Scanning also works OK.

The problem is connecting to the AP. Right after getting associated
("wlan0: associated") I get: lockup/reboot/oops. Fortunately I've
managed to log 2 oops.

The problem happens with both drivers I've tested: b43 and brcmsmac.

Going to back to something around 3.0.0-rc7 let me use brcmsmac
without problems (I can not test b43, because it didn't support that
cards by then).

Do attached logs give any hint? Can I provide more info?

--
Rafał