b43 -- 4312 and built-in/static kernel

Alfred B. M. Cordero otto-pilot at hushmail.com
Fri Apr 29 21:27:06 EDT 2011

Hello,

I am building a static kernel. I have gotten the DVB card working
by adding
the .fw to linux/firmware and so I am doing the same thing with the
4312.
The kernel builds fine, the 4312 is found and seems fine.
dmesg reports the card, lspci shows it and so does ifconfig -a.

ip link set dev wlan0 up pretty much hangs and none of the iw*
commands
work.

The problem may be that at the request_firmware stage there is a
mismatch
between what I've compiled into the kernel and what
request_firmware is
requesting.

I have ucode5.fw, b0g0bsinit and b0g0init in linux/firmware and
added those to .config

If anyone knows how to narrow this down it would be great.