Issues with 14e4:4315 on "lenovo ideapad s9" - works only after wl

Gábor Stefanik netrolller.3d at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 12:50:55 EDT 2010

2010/10/10 Paul Fertser <fercerpav at gmail.com>:
> On Sat, Oct 09, 2010 at 11:37:37PM +0200, Gábor Stefanik wrote:
>> 2010/10/9 Paul Fertser <fercerpav at gmail.com>:
>> > Indeed there's a fatal dma error there in the non-working case (and switching
>> > to PIO doesn't help). But it doesn't happen after wl. Both dmesgs attached.
>> >

>> The PhoenixBIOS DMA problem is known not to appear if wl has been
>> loaded beforehand. Be patient, we are working on this. (But good to
>> know the S9 also reproduces it - it's probably less expensive than the
>> S10 for the team to buy.)
>
> Even simply loading wl (without bringing the interface up etc) helps.
> Attached is a parsed mmiotrace of that (hail to nouveau). Alas simply
> replaying it (even with a 5ms delay inbetween writes) doesn't improve
> anything.

That definitely won't help - if you just brainlessly replay an
mmiotrace, the writes will end up on the wrong SSB cores. You also
need to replay PCI config space writes. AFAIK there has been a patch
earlier on the list to show PCI config space accesses in mmiotrace.

--
Vista: [V]iruses, [I]ntruders, [S]pyware, [T]rojans and [A]dware. :-)