Request for bisecting DMA partial fix

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 14:42:01 EST 2010

HI,

We are quite sure that some patch than gone into mainline between
2.6.34 and 2.6.35 partially fixed DMA errors. It was not b43-specific
fix and it probably wasn't commited via wireless-testing.

The problem is this fix was only partial, under high transfer this is
still noticeable. I think the shortest way to understand this and fix
it totally is to find commit that partially fixed DMA errors.

So we need someone with:
1) Machine that throws DMA errors on 2.6.34 and works noticeably
better with 2.6.35
2) Time to bisect commit
3) Basic kernel building skills (however I believe we can help in case
of problems)

I believe bisecting has to be done on Linus's tree, between mentioned kernels.

So is there anyone around who could handle this task?

--
Rafał