Broadcom card totally not visible for system (lspci)

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Tue Mar 30 15:41:19 EDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-03-30 at 21:06 +0200, Rafał Miłecki wrote:

> You mean dmesg, don't you?

Yes.

>  I've attached it, but it was stopped by b43
> ML. You can see dmesg on marc archive for linux-wireless:
> http://marc.info/?l=linux-wireless&m=126996817625998&w=2
>
> Unfortunately I don't have dmesg from some more-debugging kernel.

Indeed, there is no list of SSB devices.  The current kernels will
output that list even if CONFIG_SSB_DEBUG is disabled, but older kernels
required CONFIG_SSB_DEBUG for that.

Installing compat-wireless should help.  Also, ask the user to run
"modprobe b43".  It might just work.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin