Problems with b43 wirelesss

Gábor Stefanik netrolller.3d at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 14:37:23 EDT 2010

2010/6/20 Magnus Therning <magnus at therning.org>:
> 2010/6/20 Gábor Stefanik <netrolller.3d at gmail.com>:
>> On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 7:02 PM, Magnus Therning <magnus at therning.org> wrote:
> [...]
>>> It works perfectly well for me with the broadcom proprietary driver.
>>> Except of course that it pains my heart to have to use it.
>>
>> Can you provide comparative mmiotraces?
>
> I'm sure I could, if I only knew how :-)
>
> Point me to some information about how it's done and I'll try to get it done
> today.
>
> /M

Check out http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/tracers/mmiotrace.txt

When tracing b43, it is important to also unload ssb before starting
the trace - it is ssb that does the IO mapping for b43, so if ssb
remains loaded, mmiotrace won't catch the MMIO mappings of the device.

--
Vista: [V]iruses, [I]ntruders, [S]pyware, [T]rojans and [A]dware. :-)