Problems with b43 wirelesss

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sun Jun 20 12:57:43 EDT 2010

On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 14:26, Larry Finger <Larry.Finger at lwfinger.net> wrote:
[...]
> No, it is a fatal DMA error and your device did switch to PIO mode. The
> dmesg output does not make that clear. I'm sending a patch to change the
> logged message.

No, we are communicating past each other

You mean, it's fatal since it doesn't work with DMA.
I mean, it's not fatal because it realises it doesn't work with DMA
and restarts itself using PIO.

In any case, DMA *is not* the issue here AFAICS.

>> It looks like the following is more relevant to my problem:
>>
>> No probe response from AP 00:22:3f:c3:99:a8 after 500ms, disconnecting.
>> cfg80211: Calling CRDA to update world regulatory domain
>> wlan0: authenticate with 00:22:3f:c3:99:a8 (try 1)
>> wlan0: authenticated
>> wlan0: associate with 00:22:3f:c3:99:a8 (try 1)
>> wlan0: RX AssocResp from 00:22:3f:c3:99:a8 (capab=0x431 status=0 aid=1)
>> wlan0: associated
>> wlan0: deauthenticated from 00:22:3f:c3:99:a8 (Reason: 15)
>>
>> Especially since that sequence of messages is repeated over an over.
>>
>> My next test will be to turn off all security on the wireless, just to
>> rule out WPA completley.
>
> I looked for an explanation of Reason 15 deauthentications. Perhaps
> someone on the wireless ML will know the answer.

I'd be most interested in finding out what it means and the possible
cause for it.

/M