My test for bcm4213

Larry Finger Larry.Finger at lwfinger.net
Sat Jul 17 23:00:19 EDT 2010

On 07/17/2010 09:09 PM, Kevyn-Alexandre Paré wrote:
> Next time will post with attachment .txt or directly in the email.

Thank you.

> I was just reporting that it was working properly except the  sudo
> apt-get install b43-fwcutter didn't work. Because it was installing
> the wrong version&  I explain how I did it (just installing for src).

There is no wrong version for fwcutter. I did not see what was wrong other than
you did not have firmware installed.

> I also check the archive and knew about the DMA error sorry for not
> been clear enough....
>
> I'm on:
> uname -a
> Linux vostro 2.6.35-rc5+ #2 SMP Thu Jul 15 14:05:34 EDT 2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> It's working fine.

Some boxes recover from the DMA error and switch to PIO mode without trouble.
Others do not and need the options that I listed.

> Do you still have things to do on it if so what and where is your todo
> list?! I imagnie that b43 no because I'm looking at the
> http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers     and all is set to yes...

We do not have a formal todo list. Informally, we need to fix the DMA problem,
which is likely to be a PCIe setup problem. We also need to complete the code
for the N-PHY devices. We also need to do the reverse engineering and coding for
the SSLPN-PHY units.

Larry