2.6.37-rc7: Regression: b43: crashes in hwrng_register()

Larry Finger Larry.Finger at lwfinger.net
Wed Dec 29 21:37:10 EST 2010

On 12/29/2010 07:20 PM, Mario 'BitKoenig' Holbe wrote:

> It will surely not matter: if CONFIG_B43_HWRNG would not have been
> defined, hwrng_register() would not have been reached in the dump from
> my first mail.
>
> If you really like me to try that patch, I'll do so when I'm awake again
> and will then answer you that nothing has changed :)

No, don't bother. I do have a different request. The byte counts for my 32-bit
system do not match yours. Could you please use the following command to find
the instructions that are failing?

objdump -l -d drivers/char/hw_random/core.o | less

Use the search to find the start of hwrng_register, then add 0x4c to the
starting address. Once I see hte instruction that is failing, I should be able
to find where the failure occurs.

The order in which things are registered should not cause an error, but who knows?

Larry