b43 N PHY status report

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Dec 21 04:25:26 EST 2010

On Fri, 2010-12-10 at 20:08 +0100, Johannes Berg wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-12-10 at 20:04 +0100, Gábor Stefanik wrote:

> > > I would not have seen that as IPv6 is disabled in my kernels.
> >
> > Are you serious? Disabling ipv6 with ipv4 exhaustion expected in January?
>
> Can we stop this thread right here and go on-topic again please?

On-topic:

Anyone working on or testing network device drivers should be using
IPv6. IPv6 will exercise code paths and network behaviour that Legacy IP
rarely does, in particular using multicast to do neighbour discovery.
And on wireless networks when multicast will be handled differently by
the AP, that makes more difference than on wired where it's mostly the
MAC filters that get neglected.

I've seen a number of broken drivers because their authors were only
testing with Legacy IP and not IPv6.

It's not hard to set up IPv6. Larry, if you need any pointers I'd be
more than happy to help.

--
dwmw2