b43 N PHY status report

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 13:17:49 EST 2010

W dniu 13 grudnia 2010 18:41 użytkownik Larry Finger
<Larry.Finger at lwfinger.net> napisał:
> On 12/13/2010 11:00 AM, Rafał Miłecki wrote:
>>
>> I've got a mail from user who unmounted his wireless card from Asus
>> WL-500W. This card is MiniPCI (not express!) and from all the specs I
>> can see this router is 802.11n. Also, this card has 3 antennas
>> connectors. One weird thing is that this card is labeled as BCM4312...
>>
>> I asked for renting this card, it would be nice to test b43 to support
>> such a card as well.
>
> Ebay has the MiniPCI card from an Asus WL-500W for a "buy now" price of $34.99
> US. The photo clearly shows the Broadcom logo on a chip.
>
> Who is in charge of the funds that were donated to the b43 project? This item
> should be purchased for Rafal.

I actually got some donations from Polish users, plus I should get
that card rented from user I mentioned a littler earlier.

The bad part is that I'll probably have to return that card after few
months. But do we need that card for long long future, how do you
think?

--
Rafał