14e4:4315 help install

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 07:15:54 EDT 2010

W dniu 8 sierpnia 2010 12:59 użytkownik mic cat <micacatt at gmail.com> napisał:
> For Dma what is "PIO" (This device does not support DMA on your
> system. Please use PIO instead)

You can use b43's parameter pio. For example like this:
# rmmod b43
# modprobe b43 pio=1

Or booting with "b43.pio=1" (you can white this in GRUB).

This will increase CPU usage, but should avoid DMA problems. However,
as I mentioned, this this is not needed with 2.6.35 anymore.

> For kernel i am try for upgrade "2.6.35"

Thanks! Please share results! We're very interested in information if
using 2.6.35 helps with DMA errors.

> So iwlist scan : wlan0 (myBcm) No Scann Result.

No idea about this issue :|

--
Rafał