b43 help,

Cheng Renquan crquan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 22:51:17 EDT 2010

2010/7/31 Gábor Stefanik <netrolller.3d at gmail.com>:
> This is a true BCM4312 (14E4:4315), not a 4311ABG (14E4:4312, commonly
> called a "4312"), according to your lspci output. That means, you are
> probably experiencing the DMA issue.
>
> Try loading b43 with "modprobe b43 nohwcrypt=1 qos=0 pio=1". If this
> doesn't fix it, then chances are, you are hitting a mac80211 bug.
>
> --
> Vista: [V]iruses, [I]ntruders, [S]pyware, [T]rojans and [A]dware. :-)

In fact, I'm not often to go to that environment, so it's hard to reproduce;

Before that, I want to solve another problem inside my own campus,
with this b43 device,

in my campus, there are "SMUGIP" for guest network, it's a simple WiFi
spot without any encryption,
almost everyone wifi devices can connect it, but my linux with b43
cannot; it always scan and disconnect;

and there is a hidden wifi network named "WLAN-Staff", it uses
IEEE80211X encryption with PEAP,
and MSCHAPv2 authentication, should be logged in with username and password;

my another linux netbook with atheros wifi card can connect both,
especially, to connect that hidden and authentication required
network, I use this script:
# iwconfig ath0 essid "WLAN-Staff"
# wpa_supplicant -Dwext -iath0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf

with "/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf" content:
network={
  ssid="WLAN-Staff"
  key_mgmt="IEEE80211X"
  eap=PEAP
  phase2="autheap=MSCHAPv2"
  identity="username"
  password="password"
}

till now, my linux with this b43 driver actually can only connect to a
simple WEP encryption spot at home,
with some minor problems, I would rather to talk it later.

Someone know how to make this b43 to connect wifi at my campus? any
ideas I'd like to have a try,

thanks,