[14e4:4315] Dell Studio 1735, rfkill problem

Larry Finger Larry.Finger at lwfinger.net
Fri Apr 23 22:54:24 EDT 2010

On 04/23/2010 07:03 PM, Gábor Stefanik wrote:

> Looks like I got lpphy_op_software_rfkill wrong then.
>
> Larry, is the spec up to date on this matter?

The rfkill switch behaves just as expected on my machine. When I switch
it off, I get the expected message in the log. When turned on, again the
expected message, and it connects as expected.

The OPs machine generates the on/off messages in b43. I do not think b43
is responsible for not connecting.

I have seen nothing in the specs about the rfkill mechanism. I'm not
even certain that Broadcom implements it.

Larry