System freezes with 2.6.33

yhager at yhager.com yhager at yhager.com
Thu Apr 22 12:12:32 EDT 2010

On 12:07 Tue 20 Apr     , Larry Finger wrote:
> Yuval: If you are willing to generate your own kernel, please set
> 'CONFIG_B43_FORCE_PIO=y' in your configuration. That will skip DMA
> completely.
>
> Larry

I have tested the same kernel, with CONFIG_B43_FORCE_PIO=y. The
results are mostly the same. Full system freeze. Turning the radio off
avoids the freeze. Turning the radio on would not immediately freeze -
only when I tried to connect to a wireless network it did.
I also enabled CONFIG_B43_DEBUG, but no messages on the console that
would testify a problem.

--yuval