ath9k_htc firmware

Oleksij Rempel linux at rempel-privat.de
Sat Jun 4 13:27:02 PDT 2016

Am 04.06.2016 um 21:44 schrieb bruce m beach:
>>> I'm looking for some kind of simple request in the ath9k_htc driver, through
>>> the usb ep0, like a memory read on the card, where a urb is sent with
>>> the resulting chain of events. The simpler the better. The simplest.
>
>> For EP0 on drivers site:
>> static int ath9k_hif_usb_download_fw(struct hif_device_usb *hif_dev)
>> {
>> int transfer, err;
>> const void *data = hif_dev->fw_data;
>> size_t len = hif_dev->fw_size;
>> u32 addr = AR9271_FIRMWARE;
>> u8 *buf = kzalloc(4096, GFP_KERNEL);
>> u32 firm_offset;
>
>   What about the code for setting and resetting leds ???
>
> Bruce

It is EP3/EP4 and it is not working without firmware.
Here is one example how you can add new command to firmware:
https://github.com/olerem/open-ath9k-htc-firmware/commit/c73c159303e30a28e2d3dc05ba0d2d15504e5fad

And for kernel driver:
https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=8badb50cfab6d433622dbfd5a90b6adf27333107

PS: Grr... today i send message from wrong email. Sorry for the spam

--
Regards,
Oleksij