remote talking to AR9271

bruce m beach brucembeach at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 20:18:42 PST 2016

> Yea, looks buggy :) Can you provide a patch for this? Make
> github pull request.

  Yes. I want to look at it for a few days but it looks
completely harmless. The code in question:

    init.c:
            A_PRINTF("Cold reboot initiated.");  <-- notice this
    #if defined(PROJECT_MAGPIE)
           iowrite32(WATCH_DOG_MAGIC_PATTERN_ADDR, 0);
    #elif defined(PROJECT_K2)
           iowrite32(MAGPIE_REG_RST_STATUS_ADDR, 0);
    #endif /* #if defined(PROJECT_MAGPIE) */
            A_USB_JUMP_BOOT();

never gets executed, doesn't belong in the routine
anyway(exception_reset()), and likely is correctly executed in

    usb_api_main_patch.c:

    void cold_reboot(void)
    {
            A_PRINTF("Cold reboot initiated.");    <-- notice this
            iowrite32(MAGPIE_REG_RST_STATUS_ADDR, 0);
            A_USB_JUMP_BOOT();
    }

so in the end the offending code will just get deleted. As I
say I'll look at it for a few days, fix it and then do the
pull request. And just for information
MAGPIE_REG_RST_STATUS_ADDR and the K2 reset status register are
identical address's.

bruce

>>> https://github.com/qca/open-ath9k-htc-firmware/wiki/usb-related-issues