Mesh Network over 20 Nodes

Lukas Göstl lgoestl at loytec.com
Wed Sep 23 04:36:53 PDT 2015

Hi all,

i successfully build up a secure Mesh Network over 20 Nodes with wpa_supplicant, ath9k_htc and linux-kernel 3.18

I know there is a limit of station peering's on ath9k_htc, however I whitelisted the stations in a way, that only 7 Peers authenticate with each other.

The Mesh Network runs well for about 2 - 3 hours. Then some wireless adapters get stuck and do not response anymore. They need a Powercycle to work again.

Has anybody an idea why this happens or what`s the best way to debug such a problem? I don't get any output in syslog.

Thanks,
Lukas
[Buildings under Control Symposium from October 20-21, 2015 - Register now!]<https://www.loytec.com/bucs>