Disable ratecontrol for ATH9K_HTC

Pieter Robyns pieter.robyns at uhasselt.be
Sun Mar 15 02:50:34 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I've created a fork of the firmware intended for experimental /
research functionality such as fixing the data rate, disabling carrier
sensing, convenient printing, etc. The repository is located here:
https://github.com/rpp0/open-ath9k-htc-firmware.

This modified firmware fixes the rate to a certain hardcoded value out
of the box - no driver modification required. However, if you use my
driver as well (https://github.com/rpp0/linux), there are some
additional features which you can use, such as printing to dmesg over
USB instead of over UART, setting the fixed rate with a userspace
program, setting register values, etc.

The driver uses netlink for communication with userspace instead of
debugfs, because for some features I needed bidirectional
communication. Currently you can only use the driver with one device
at a time. I'll try to add some documentation and an example program
that explains how to use the netlink interface today.

Hopefully, this is useful to somebody!

Kind regards,
Pieter