Reporting Data to Driver

Greenstein, Adam amg10c at my.fsu.edu
Mon Sep 15 09:31:01 PDT 2014

Hi All,

I have been tasked with modifying the ath9k firmware to report back to the driver a bit string representing various bits of information after a transmission. Unfortunately, I am very new to driver and firmware programming so I am currently uncertain how this might work.

Do you have any ideas how to best transmit data between the firmware and the driver in this manner? I apologize if my question is vague but I would love to clarify if necessary.

Also, if anybody knows of some good resources where I can learn about firmware programming that would be great too!

Thanks for you help,

Adam