Controlling Random Backoff Time

Matteo Danieletto matteo.danieletto at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 10:51:53 PDT 2014

How Oleksij suggested you can read some bits of the backoff algorithm.

I think the algorithms is implemented in HW.
On 7 Sept. I received the following reply about my question to retrieve the current contention window :

"Hm, that's something done in hardware. There's some bits in the DCU
that control what kind of contention backoff is used (fixed, random,
linear) but I don't know about reading the current contention value."

However, you want something like this:

for BE queue the range [CWmin , CWmax]  is  [15, 1023],
So the first step the backoff selects a random number between 0 and 15. If the medium is busy and other stuffs the CWmin becomes 31 and so on until CWmin reaches CWmax.
Do you want change the CWmin or exactly the value chosen between 0 and CWmin ?

Best,
Matteo