Extract rate information from firmware

Xiaoyi Liu eric.alluse at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 13:35:38 EST 2014

Hi all,

A few days ago I started a thread asking how to extract debug messages
from the firmware(TL-WN821N), and some of you suggested serial
console, which I am going to buy soon. But yesterday, I found this
thread(http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/ath9k_htc_fw/2013-October/000345.html),
in which Matteo mentioned that he has "modified the firmware in a
couple of points to report the bitrate into ath9k_htc/tgt_tx_status
file". Since the reason why I wanted to extract debug messages from
the firmware was to get the bit rate and the CCI information of each
packet sent, I was wondering if there is an easier way to do this
other than using a serial console?

Thanks a lot!
Eric