[ath9k-devel] ath9k_htc: Target is unresponsive

Ignacy Gawedzki i at lri.fr
Fri May 17 06:40:47 EDT 2013

On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 12:30:34PM +0200, thus spake Ignacy Gawedzki:
> On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 11:33:53AM +0200, thus spake Eugene Krasnikov:
> > Did anybody tried to force the usb to go to suspend? If something like
> > this "echo suspend | sudo tee /sys/bus/usb/devices/usb3/power/level"
> > will help to reproduce this issue?
>
> This way of forcing suspend is apparently deprecated and doesn't work in my
> case.  I tried to set power/control to auto, but it has no apparent effect on
> anything. :(

Okay, I did manage to make it fail.  In single-user mode (to prevent any
daemon from interfering), I plugged the dongle, set power/control to "auto"
and after a few seconds unloaded/reloaded the ath9k_htc module.  This made the
target unresponsive.  If I do the same without setting power/control to "auto"
(it is "on" by default), then unloading/reloading the module doesn't make the
device unresponsive.

BTW, Oleksij, just out of curiosity, how did you manage to solder those UART
pins?

--
I have not lost my mind, it's backed up on disk somewhere.