Host mode instability & device lockups

Andy Ross andy at plausible.org
Wed May 1 12:49:17 EDT 2013

On 05/01/2013 09:35 AM, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> Well, does bringing the interface down/up fix it? I guess not.
>
> I wonder if the firmware has crashed here. Unfortunately you'll need
> to add a couple UART pins to your NIC to enable/see debugging output.

Yeah.  I saw the posts about the SMT pins, but let's just say I'm
going to need a lot more than five test units to make that work. ;)

I guess I was hoping for an answer like "here's the watchdog code, it
runs out of a timer interrupt and checks this word for an update, such
that if it doesn't see XXX from the host every NN ms it will reset and
emit YYY from endpoint 2" or whatever.  Then I could write a script to
check for that in the usbmon output and maybe see if I could get the
driver to recover.

As it is, I'm at least hopeful I can get the driver fixed such that it
doesn't hang the machine.

Andy