ath9k_htc: Firmware - htc_9271.fw download failed

Oleksij Rempel linux at rempel-privat.de
Tue Jul 9 05:26:45 EDT 2013

Hi Bo,

Am 09.07.2013 06:21, schrieb Bo Shi:
> Hi Oleksij,
> I got the uart log from ar9271,

that's good news :)

> first part is a fresh power on. second
> part is from reboot system, could you please help to check the issue?
> Thanks you.
> Bo
>
> ==================================================================================
> fresh system start up:
> result: success
> ==================================================================================

> ==================================================================================
> do nothing to wlan0 interface after previous success installment, just
> reboot linux:
> result:ath9k_htc 1-1:1.0: ath9k_htc: Target is unresponsive
> ==================================================================================
>
> !USB suspend
>
>   change clock to 22 and go to suspend now!ðð

this message is incomplete. I assume there was some hiccups on chip reset.

> ==>[cUSB_REQ_COMP]: 0x%08x
>
> VendorCmd: DownloadComplete!
>
> 5. usb only!!
>
>   A_WDT_INIT()
>
>   ==>warm start<==
> ALLOCRAM start 0x50d7f4 size 106508
> Enable Tx Stream mode
> [+++Magpie_init]
> [+++VBUF_init(100)]
> [+++VBUF_init(100)]
> <wlan_pci_probe>: Attaching the driver
> <wlan_pci_probe>: Vendor id 0x168c Dev id 0x24
> ath_pci_probe 24
>   ath_hal = 0x00510910
>
> =>[dnQ] 0x0050f270
> [=>[upQ] 0x0050f24c
> [=>[hp dnQ] 0x0050f228
> [=>[mp dnQ] 0x0050f204
> [Tgt running

Usually my adapters was not able to boot if there was problem with chip
reset. Beside, only one case, where i get corrupt buffers and chip was
misconfigured after reboot and firmware upload.

May be it is that case. Please test this firmware:
https://github.com/olerem/open-ath9k-htc-firmware/commits/suspend_fix

with this kernel:
https://github.com/olerem/linux-2.6/commits/github-wifi-ath9k_htc-fw
Or you can try to apply my patches on your kernel.

This firmware is not compatible with other kernel version. It wont work
without my kernel patches. And this firmware has an issue with "ifconfig
up"... so don't bring it up for now.

--
Regards,
Oleksij