[ath9k-devel] ath9k_htc: Firmware - htc_9271.fw download failed

Oleksij Rempel linux at rempel-privat.de
Tue Jul 2 04:21:14 EDT 2013

Am 30.06.2013 11:55, schrieb Bo Shi:
> Hi Oleksij & Adrian,
>      Currently, my module does not support UART:(
>      What do you mean about 'reset usb port'(Sorry, I am not familiar
> with USB protocol)? You mean usb controller self soft reset or usb
> controller send soft reset cmd to AR9721 module? My AR9721 module
> powered by board power directly, if reboot my board linux, there is no
> chance to do hard reset.
>      Is there any work around method for this issue? I am developing a
> device need to be online day and night, the system may need to reboot
> under some conditions.
>
>     RT3070 module dose work after reboot on my board, but it seems
> AR9721 is better than RT3070 under monitor mode.
>
>     I am using v1.3 firwmare from linux-firmware git.

Hi Bo,

please use latest git version for testing. You can find source code of
firmware here:
https://github.com/qca/open-ath9k-htc-firmware

Right now, i'm in dead end. I did some testing with my hardware, and my
adapter was able to reboot even with direct power supply. It will be
really good if you find access to uart port. Some adapter have it. For
example:
ALFA AWUS036NHA
NETGEAR WNDA3200

We need to know, what exactly happens.