next step

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Sun Apr 28 07:41:21 EDT 2013

On 28 April 2013 00:10, Oleksij Rempel <linux at rempel-privat.de> wrote:
> So we can build fw without warnings and we have cmake now;)
>
> What should be next?
> Currently what bugs me is rate control.
> Some decisions seems to me not correct - IMO, especially on STBC part.
> And i can't use "iw dev wlan1 set bitrate command"  nor "set txpower" seems
> to work.
> I would prefer not fixing it on fw side. Instead move it to the host and use
> shared code... if possible. What do you think?

I think felix wants to start tackling rate control and pushing some
more of the TX handling into the host.

I'd personally prefer to let things settle for a while, whilst we all
discuss this a bit more.

I need to (re) submit the firmware to the linux-firmware tree. I'll
submit that tomorrow. It'll take a while for it to trickle down to
each of the distributions. Hopefully they'll do updates from it soon
and get it out to users. At which point who knows what weird bug
reports we'll get. :-)

adrian