debuging

Eugene Krasnikov k.eugene.e at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 05:09:13 EDT 2013

Hi Oleksij,

These are the pins that are used for JTAG on AR7010 :

EJTAG_SEL pin27 - Tap controller
TCK pin22 – test clock
TDI pin24 – test data input
TDO pin 23 – test data output
TMS pin 25 – test mode select
TRST_L pin 28 – test reset
To enable jtag just set pin EJTAG_SEL high.

For AR9281 these are the pins/GPIO used for JTAG:

GPIO0/TMS pin 28 - test mode select
GPIO1/TDI pin 29 - test data input
GPIO2/TCK pin 30 - test clock
GPIO4/TDO pin 31 - test data output

Before using those pins configure register “GPIO Input Enable and
Value”( H_GP_INPT_EN_VAL) Address: 0x1000_4054. Bit 17 must be set to
0 that means JTAG enabled (1 means JTAG disabled).

I have not tried this myself, but hopefully it will work ;) Please let
me know if that worked for you so i can try on my side.

2013/4/23 Adrian Chadd <adrian at freebsd.org>:
> Yeah, go ahead.
>
> look at the gpio function register too, you may need to configure them
> to be jtag. :)
>

> adrian
>
> On 23 April 2013 00:34, Eugene Krasnikov <k.eugene.e at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Oliksij,
>>
>>>- looks like only magpie has enough memory to run this code. On k2 it is disabled by default.
>> Just FYI when we moved to open compiler the ROM size was decreased. So
>> hopefully we have enough memory for k2 also. How do you see that k2
>> does not have enough memory?
>>
>>>- if it is not a big secret, can you please give me jtag pins on ar7010?
>> I can provide you this information if Adrian gives me a green light.
>> Adrian, may i?
>>
>>>- since access to debug interface is too difficult - it will be great idea to use debug commands over wmi interface? What do you think about it?
>> What kind of debug commands do you want to add? It would be good to
>> change FW log level through ioctl/whatever...
>>
>> 2013/4/22 Oleksij Rempel <linux at rempel-privat.de>:
>>> Hallo all,
>>>
>>> to do deeper investigation about temperature problem i decided to make
>>> debuging work. If no body working on it, i'll spend some time this week.
>>>
>>> for other who wont to play with it:
>>> - dbg_task is polled here:
>>> target_firmware/magpie_fw_dev/target/init/init.c
>>> - looks like only magpie has enough memory to run this code. On k2 it is
>>> disabled by default.
>>> - you need uart for this, and on many boards, this  pins are not soldered.
>>>
>>> plans for this week:
>>> - i'll try to do some micro soldering to use it on all adapters i have.
>>> - if it is not a big secret, can you please give me jtag pins on ar7010?
>>> I wont to play with it too. Probably they are hidden under GPIO0-GPIO3 or
>>> some thing like that.
>>> - since access to debug interface is too difficult - it will be great idea
>>> to use debug commands over wmi interface? What do you think about it?
>>>
>>> Are there user space tools to access wmi? No ioctl interface for it jet :)?
>>>

>>> ---
>>> Regards,
>>> Oleksij

>> --