master firmware version bumped to 1.4; 1.3 branched

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Fri Apr 5 13:33:22 EDT 2013

On 5 April 2013 09:50, Eugene Krasnikov <k.eugene.e at gmail.com> wrote:
> Adrian,
>
> By the way do you know if 1.1 and 1.3 are compatible?
> If they not then more tricky logic is required. E.g. starting from 2.0
> compare only major version but before 2.0 use old logic to compare if
> driver and fw compatible.

No, I think 1.1 and 1.3 are incompatible. And we don't really support
1.1; I'd have to go find the code in the internal github repo in order
to even be able to build a 1.1 era firmware.

I'd rather we bite the bullet and leave people needing to run >= 1.3.

And yes, once we migrate to a "2.0" firmware, it'll be a major jump.
ath9k_htc just won't be backwards compatible at that point with 1.x.
So that check will go away.

So it's enough for now to say if (major == 1 && minor >= 3).

Thanks,

Adrian