[ATH6KL]: driver only supports limited channels in 5GHz band

Mike Engel engel.mike18 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 07:54:20 PST 2016

Hi all,

we using Linux v3.14 with upstream ath6kl driver and seeing some
issues when configuring softap mode in 5GHz band.
When we use a softap configuration in 5GHz band only these channels
seem to work (36-40-44-48). Using any other channel cause the AP not
to work.

The softap configuration we use is this:

ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group=0
fast_reauth=1
update_config=1

ap_scan=2
network={
ssid="ath6kl-ap"
mode=2
frequency=5240 -- works
# frequency=5260 --fails
key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
proto=RSN
pairwise=CCMP TKIP
psk="12345678"
group=CCMP TKIP
}

Is that a know issue?
Is there any specific configuration necessary to make the other
channels working in 5GHz band?

This is our firmware configuration.
ath6kl: ar6003 hw 2.1.1 sdio fw 3.4.0.225.TABLET_DONGLE api 4
ath6kl: firmware supports:
sched-scan,sta-p2pdev-duplex,rsn-cap-override,sscan-match-list,rssi-scan-
thold,custom-mac-addr,tx-err-notify,sched-scan-v2,regdomain-v2,large-connect-ie

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
--
Mike Engel