ath11k regulatory information

Robert Marko robert.marko at sartura.hr
Fri Oct 22 08:24:02 PDT 2021

Hi,

I have been working on OpenWrt IPQ807x support for a while now.
But now we are having issues with the ath11k regulatory information,
it seems to be completely incorrect for ETSI countries.
For example, it disables channels 12 and 13 for 2.4GHz and puts a lot of
restrictions on 5GHz as well that are not based on recent regulatory
information.

To me, it seems like the ath11k firmware has embedded regulatory information?
Is that correct and if so how can somebody update it as it is
completely out of date
even with the 2.5.0.1 firmware?

Regards,
Robert