[regression] mhi: ath11k resume fails on some devices

Kalle Valo kvalo at codeaurora.org
Tue Oct 19 05:12:01 PDT 2021

Kalle Valo <kvalo at codeaurora.org> writes:

> (adding the new mhi list, yay)
>
> Hi Loic,

>>> A log from a successful case in the end of email, using v5.15-rc1 plus
>>> revert of commit 020d3b26c07abe27.

>>> Currently in ath11k we always keep the firmware running when in suspend,
>>> this is a workaround due to problems between mac80211 and MHI stack.
>>> IIRC the problem was something related MHI creating struct device during
>>> resume or something like that.
>>
>> Could you give a try with the attached patch? It should solve your
>> issue without breaking modem support.
>
> Sorry for taking so long, but I now tested your patch on top of
> v5.15-rc3 and, as expected, everything works as before with QCA6390 on
> NUC x86 testbox.
>
> Tested-by: Kalle Valo <kvalo at codeaurora.org>

I doubt we will find enough time to fully debug this mhi issue anytime
soon. Can we commit Loic's patch so that this regression is resolved?

At the moment I'm doing all my regression testing with commit
020d3b26c07abe27 reverted. That's a risk, I would prefer to do my
testing without any hacks.

--
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-wireless/list/

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/developers/documentation/submittingpatches