pci_alloc_irq_vectors fails ENOSPC for XPS 13 9310

Thomas Krause thomaskrause at posteo.de
Wed Nov 11 03:53:51 EST 2020

Am 10.11.20 um 09:33 schrieb Kalle Valo:

>> I was told that on Dell XPS 15 (with a working QCA6390 setup) there's a
>> separate "Virtualisation" setting in BIOS. See if you have that and try
>> enabling it.
> I was informed about another setting to test: try disabling "Enable
> Secure Boot" in the BIOS. I don't know yet why it would help, but that's
> what few people have recommended.
>
> Please let me know how it goes.

I have two options under "Virtualization" in the BIOS: "Enable Intel
Virtualization Technology (VT)" and "VT for Direct I/O". Both were
enabled. Secure boot was also turned off. BIOS version is also at the
most current version 1.1.1. Because of the dmesg errors Thomas Gleixner
mentioned, I assume it would be best to contact Dell directly (even if
I'm not sure if and how fast they will respond). If the driver would
manage to work with only 1 vector, I assume this would also make it work
on my configuration, even with possible performance hits.

Best,

Thomas