pci_alloc_irq_vectors fails ENOSPC for XPS 13 9310

Stefani Seibold stefani at seibold.net
Fri Nov 6 06:57:08 EST 2020

>> i tried the latest ath11k driver using linux 5.10 rc2 on a new dell
>> 9310 XPS 13.
>>
>> The driver will always complain "failed to get 32 MSI vectors, only
-28
>> available".
>>
>> I think the -28 is the error code for ENOSPC return by the
>> pci_alloc_irq_vectors() function.
>>

>Please try enabling Virtualisation and VT-d in BIOS. And also enable
>CONFIG_IRQ_REMAP in kernel config.

Thanks for the advise. I already configured the BIOS and kernel in this
way. I also update the BIOS XPS 13 9310 Bios to 1.1.1, but the

 "DMAR: [Firmware Bug]: Your BIOS is broken; DMAR reported at address 0!"

still remains and therefor the

 "failed to get 32 MSI vectors, only -28 available"

message.

The really bad thing is that the Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX500-DBS QCA6390 is
solder on the mainboard :-(

- Stefani