PROBLEM: unable to get QCA6390 to work

Kalle Valo kvalo at codeaurora.org
Wed Nov 4 04:12:46 EST 2020

(fixing top posting)

Pavel Procopiuc <pavel.procopiuc at gmail.com> writes:

> Op 03.11.2020 om 15:23 schreef Kalle Valo:
>> For me v5.10-rc2 (no extra patches) was working fine. A bisection would
>> be a good next step. What I suggest that is that you first test these
>> three commits from Linus' tree in this order:
>>
>> fd5ad4d1e980 wcn36xx: Advertise beacon filtering support in bmps
>> 3650b228f83a Linux 5.10-rc1
>> 3cea11cd5e3b Linux 5.10-rc2
>>
>> Commit fd5ad4d1e980 is based on v5.9-rc6 so try that first. In these
>> three commits ath11k is practically identical, the only change is a
>> small bugfix in commit 8431350eee2e ("ath11k: Fix memory leak on error
>> path").
>
> Thanks! fd5ad4d1e980 works fine and 3650b228f83a is broken.

Oh, this is a weird problem. So by the looks of this something outside
of ath11k breaks your setup, but I have no clue what. Or I'm missing
something very obvious.

> I'm doing the bisecting, but it looks like it will take some time.

Yeah, it is unfortunately time consuming but it is the best way to get
bottom of this.

--
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-wireless/list/

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/developers/documentation/submittingpatches