PROBLEM: unable to get QCA6390 to work

Pavel Procopiuc pavel.procopiuc at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 16:14:22 EST 2020

After doing some testing I was able to get it running under some specific conditions. I took the v5.9 tag of the main
kernel tree and merged in the ath11k-qca6390-bringup-202009250825 tag from the ath tree. I had to fix some trivial
conflicts, but the resulting kernel together with the firmware (amss.bin, m3.bin and board-2.bin) gave me a working
driver that I was able to use to connect to my AP in both 2,4 and 5GHz.

I then tried to copy over the ath11k driver source resulting from that merge on top of the 5.10-rc2 tag. After fixing
some API breakage (IEEE80211_TX_CTRL_HW_80211_ENCAP and ieee80211_set_hw_80211_encap) to make it compile I booted into
the resulting kernel, but ath11k driver was giving me the same firmware errors I had initially on 5.10-rc2. So it looks
like there might be some change in 5.10 that broke the logic.