Ordering Dell XPS 13 9310 to test QCA6390

Kalle Valo kvalo at codeaurora.org
Wed Dec 16 10:46:12 EST 2020

Mitchell Nordine <mail at mitchellnordine.com> writes:

>> But I have now ordered Dell XPS 13 laptop and I should get it in
> three weeks, keeping fingers crossed. That should make things easier
> as I can test patches myself.
>
> Hi Kalle, you may already be aware of this, but I just wanted to make sure!
>
> Not all Dell XPS 13 9310 laptops come with the AX500 connectivity chip
> (the one that uses the QCA6390). It seems that only the models with
> 32GB RAM tend to come with the AX500 wifi chip.
>
> Most models appear to come with the AX1650 which I believe uses a
> totally different chip and driver that is already well supported in
> Linux.
>
> It might be worth double-checking the model that you have ordered has the AX500.

I had heard about that so I did order the 32 GB RAM model and multiple
times specified that I only want AX500. So I'm optimistic that I should
get the right chip, but you never know how it goes :) Thanks for
checking, though!

--
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-wireless/list/

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/developers/documentation/submittingpatches