ath11k: QCA6390 on Dell XPS 13 and kernel crashes

Kalle Valo kvalo at codeaurora.org
Wed Dec 9 10:09:28 EST 2020

Stephen Liang <stephenliang7 at gmail.com> writes:

> For reference, I am running Fedora Rawhide kernel 5.10.0-0.rc6 with
> commit 59c6d022df8efb450f82d33dd6a6812935bd022f and a revert of
> 7fef431be9c9 patched in.
>
> I am able to connect to WiFi and did not receive any immediate
> freezing, hard kernel panics, etc. Uptime is now going on 35 minutes
> and able to get 50 up/down throughput.

Thanks, good to know. On what platform is this, can you share more
details? Is it the new Dell XPS 13 9310 or something else?

> I  do see a number of taints in dmesg while connecting to an access
> point but the taint doesn't seem to affect functionality, for example:
> https://pastebin.com/raw/gbzuvs3q

This commit should fix that:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/kvalo/ath.git/commit/?h=ath11k-qca6390-bringup&id=fa4eea695afb286ae38beb30dabf251335cb4a62

I recommend using ath11k-qca6390-bringup branch, it has quite a few
fixes:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/kvalo/ath.git/log/?h=ath11k-qca6390-bringup

> Finally, rebooting the computer does require a hard power down.

You mean that the reboot stalls and you need to turn off the laptop
using power button?

--
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-wireless/list/

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/developers/documentation/submittingpatches