Problems with QCA9377 SDIO on NXP i.MX8MPlus SOM

Lukas F. Hartmann lukas at mntre.com
Tue Jun 13 08:35:58 PDT 2023

Hi Gary & Kalle,

Gary Bisson <bisson.gary at gmail.com> writes:

>> Trying significantly older ath10k from an older kernel is something to
>> try in case there are recent regressions in ath10k.
>>
>> I don't have an ath10k SDIO device myself so I don't know the state of
>> SDIO support in ath10k. Does anyone else from the list know?
>
> FYI we have a branch in our repo with the firmware that worked on ath10k
> at some point [2].

Thanks, I looked at this FW now and it is exactly the same as the
"untested" in the ath10k-firmware repo
https://github.com/kvalo/ath10k-firmware/tree/master/QCA9377/hw1.0/untested

So if that worked with ath10k several years ago (when?) I could try to
reconstruct an older version and try to bisect for a regression, though
I imagine it will be complicated to make these old versions work with
APIs that have changed in the meantime in Linux.

Best
Lukas
--
Lukas F. Hartmann, CEO