Problems with QCA9377 SDIO on NXP i.MX8MPlus SOM

Kalle Valo kvalo at kernel.org
Tue Jun 13 01:05:14 PDT 2023

"Lukas F. Hartmann" <lukas at mntre.com> writes:

> I'm trying to get the QCA9377 SDIO module on Boundary Devices'
> i.MX8MPlus SOM working with the ath10k mainline driver (from Linux git
> tip). Currently it can scan and see some APs and authenticate, but not
> associate (timeout). Several months ago I thought this was an SDIO
> signalling issue with the SoC, but I'm not sure anymore, because I fixed
> up the qcacld driver for the current Linux kernel and it works fine on
> the same system (i.e. I can rmmod ath10k_sdio and insmod wlan.ko and it
> works).
>
> I wonder if it is some kind of firmware/driver mismatch. I pasted the
> relevant dmesg output after my signature below.
>
> This is after I tried to build my own board-2.bin including bdwlan30.bin
> from qcacld-2.0-CNSS.LEA.NRT_3.0 (source:
> https://github.com/8devices/qcacld-2.0/tree/CNSS.LEA.NRT_3.0/firmware_bin/sdio).
> It gets picked up but doesn't seem to make a difference. I also tried
> assembling my own firmware-5-sdio.bin from qwlan30.bin and otp30.bin but
> this triggers a firmware crash (with register dump) when loading
> ath10k_sdio.ko.
>
> The qcacld driver works with that firmware, though.
>
> Any pointers on how to debug this are most appreciated.

Trying significantly older ath10k from an older kernel is something to
try in case there are recent regressions in ath10k.

I don't have an ath10k SDIO device myself so I don't know the state of
SDIO support in ath10k. Does anyone else from the list know?

--
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-wireless/list/

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/developers/documentation/submittingpatches