Revert: ath: add support for special 0x0 regulatory domain

Andrey Skvortsov andrej.skvortzov at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 13:19:43 PDT 2021

On 21-08-23 10:23, Brian Norris wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 22, 2021 at 9:49 AM Andrey Skvortsov
> <andrej.skvortzov at gmail.com> wrote:
> > 4) As many users are affected by this problem and maintainers don't really
> > want to revert the problematic patch,
>
> I'm not totally sure that's true. So far, it looks like an oversight.
>
> Over a year ago, Kalle said he "just need[ed] to check something
> internally first":
> https://lore.kernel.org/linux-wireless/87r1rsbdnx.fsf@codeaurora.org/
>
> I don't see the result of that, except that this is marked Superseded:
> https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-wireless/patch/20200730124923.271429-1-alsi@bang-olufsen.dk/
> and this is marked Rejected:
> https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-wireless/patch/20200527165718.129307-1-briannorris@chromium.org/
> I'm not sure if the Rejected was before or after the last reply above...
>
> Maybe it needs an Nth person to submit a revert?

Later (Dec 23, 2020) said "Actually I don't see how I could apply the
revert due to the regulatory problems explained by Jouni". [1]
I think this could be the date when your patch was marked as Rejected.

1. http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/ath10k/2020-December/012370.html

--
Best regards,
Andrey Skvortsov