CVE-2020-3702: Firmware updates for ath9k and ath10k chips

Pali Rohár pali at kernel.org
Mon Aug 17 06:36:05 EDT 2020

On Monday 17 August 2020 12:58:52 Kalle Valo wrote:
> Pali Rohár <pali at kernel.org> writes:
>
> > ESET engineers on their blog published some information about new
> > security vulnerability CVE-2020-3702 in ath9k wifi cards:
> > https://www.welivesecurity.com/2020/08/06/beyond-kr00k-even-more-wifi-chips-vulnerable-eavesdropping/
> >
> > According to Qualcomm security bulletin this CVE-2020-3702 affects also
> > some Qualcomm IPQ chips which are handled by ath10k driver:
> > https://www.qualcomm.com/company/product-security/bulletins/august-2020-security-bulletin#_cve-2020-3702
>
> I can't find any refererences to ath10k, or hardware with ath10k
> chipsets, in the links above. Where did you see it?

Now I'm looking at that security bulletin for CVE-2020-3702 and it
contains different list of affected chipset as at time when I wrote
previous email. Previously there were IPQ ath10k chipsets and no AR
chipsets. Now there are lot of ath9k AR9xxx and none of IPQ.

So meanwhile Qualcomm changed vulnerability list.